The main objective for which the Institute has been established is to promote communal and group interests of those companies or individuals engaged in the specialised access work at height industry, including any other associated operations or activities there to.
Other objectives include:
- Provides a unified voice and sets and maintains Industry standards.
- Professional Body recognised by SAQA develops guidelines and frameworks for skills development.
- Professionalism, integrity and credibility of IWH members by adherence to a Code of Ethical Practice.
- Represents Industry views to Government Departments and the Private Sector.
- Provides information on all related work at height matters.
- Provides a regular forum for members to meet and discuss matters of mutual interest.