REINVENTING URBAN LIVING IN THE SMARTEST WAYS POSSIBLE AT THE AFRICAN SMART CITIES SUMMIT ON 11 JUNE 2019
Urban population in Africa was reported to be the fastest growing globally and by 2030 Africa will host six of the world’s 41 megacities. “Africa’s remarkable urban growth creates major challenges around city infrastructure and service delivery but at the same time provides an abundance of opportunities for both public and private sector players to explore and reinvent urban living in the smartest ways possible,” says Tracy-Lee Behr, Portfolio Director: Built Environment for dmg events.
Daniel Claassen, Programme Director, goes on to say: “Now in its third year, the African Smart Cities Summit will take place on 11 June 2019 at The Gallagher Grill, Gallagher Convention Centre in Midrand, Johannesburg. 120 attendees will hear from 17 high-level speakers about key insights into what is being done right now to ensure our future cities are resilient, connected, inclusive, safe, prosperous and smart. They will learn from smart and sustainable project updates from across Africa and explore trends in urban resilience, smarter transportation and better energy management. They will discover how future cities will be connected, intelligent and inclusive through technological innovation such as 5G, IoT and Blockchain.”
The impressive lineup of speakers include:
- Cyril Baloyi, Group Chief Technology Officer, City of Johannesburg
- Tshepo Kgobe, Senior Executive, Gautrain Management Agency
- Martine Mtonga, Deputy Secretary to the Cabinet and National Coordinator, Electronic Government Division, Smart Zambia
- Juanita Clark, Chief Executive Officer, FTTX Council Africa
- Vaughan Harris, President, BIM Institute
- Tony Lee Luen Len, Partner, Ecosis Ltd
- Erky Wood, Director, GAPP Architects & Urban Designers
- Grahame Cruickshanks, Managing Executive: Market Engagement, Green Building Council of South Africa
- Lesley Williams, Chief Executive Officer, Tshimologong Precinct
- Lawrence Boya, Director: Smart City Programme, City of Johannesburg
- Jon Williams, City and Urbanisation Leader, PwC
- Sebastian Granow, Head of Location Management Africa, Siemens
- Bora Varliyagci, Chief Executive Officer, digitalthings
- Jeremy Gibberd, Architect and Specialist in Built Environment, Gauge
- Marloes Reinink, Founder and Sustainable Building Consultant, Solid Green
“The quality of case studies and presentations was inspiring and the opportunities for networking & future collaboration will certainly enhance our ability to deliver a “smarter” project,” explains Brendan Falkson, Director of Rosslyn Hub about the summit in 2018.
The African Smart Cities Summit is co-located with Africa’s biggest construction event, the annual African Construction Expo and Totally Concrete Expo, that is taking place from 11 to 13 June 2019 at the Gallagher Convention Centre in Midrand, Johannesburg. Organised by dmg events and now in its 7th year, it gathers 9,500+ construction and built environment professionals from over 45 countries to provide a platform to do business, network and learn.
For more information, or to secure attendance, visit www.africanconstructionexpo.com
dmg events – South Africa
dmg events is a leading organiser of face-to-face events and a publisher of trade magazines. We aim to positively impact the African economy and community by providing platforms for public and private sector professionals to connect and forge strong relationships that will drive the future of the African continent. With two offices based in South Africa, dmg events organises 14 events in Africa, bringing together more than 30,000 professionals from the Construction, Infrastructure, Coatings, Mining, Transport, Food & Beverage, Trade and Hospitality sectors.
For media queries and interviews, contact:
Marketing Manager: Zara Eckles at firstname.lastname@example.org or 072 590 3207