Africa’s urban population was reported to be the fastest growing globally and by 2030 six of the world’s 41 megacities would be in Africa. By then around 50% of Africa’s people will be urbanised, meaning that every second person in Africa would likely live in a town or a city.
How do we prepare our cities and what must be done right now to ensure the cities of tomorrow are resilient, connected, inclusive, safe and prosperous?
The 3rd annual African Smart Cities Summit prepares African cities for the future. It will bring together under one roof public and private sector players who will determine the future of African cities and reinvent urban living in the smartest ways possible.
Join us as we discover how cities are and will be creating systems that are integrated, sustainable, that increase the ease of living for citizens, make cities a safe place to live and drive economic growth in the long-run.
Together we will pave a roadmap for taking African Smart Cities from dream to reality.
Programme topics will include:
- Public and private sector collaboration that enable smarter cities to alleviate African urban challenges
- Smart Cities project updates from South Africa, Mauritius, and other African countries
- Trends in urban resilience, smarter transportation and better energy management through micro-grids
- Connected, intelligent and inclusive cities with a look at 5G, IoT and Blockchain
Who should attend?
Public / private sector C-Level management:
- Chief information officers
- Data, analytics and connectivity
- Development banks and financial institutions
- Facility managers and building operators
- Government representatives
- Green Building consultants and professionals
- Institutional representatives
- Property developers and owners
- Project managers
- Smart city and building consultants
- Start-ups and accelerators
- Sustainability professionals
- Transportation managers
- Urban designers and planners
- Visionaries and innovation hubs
- Water and energy managers
Smart technology service providers:
- Advanced/Wireless Networks
- Energy solutions
- Communication and sensor providers
- Data Analytics/Tools
- Emergency Services
- Energy supply/management
- Healthcare Services
- ICT software and technology
- Intelligent infrastructure
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Lighting and electrical
- Smart building technologies
- Water/Waste Management